My favourite thing to eat at pizza express is their Pollo Pesto Pasta, I'm obsessed with it. It has Chicken, mushrooms, red onion, mozzarella, Gran Moravia cheese and pesto sauce, absolutely delicious! So the other day I decided to try and make a slightly healthier version (by that, I just mean without the cheese & you can use wholewheat pasta for an even healthier meal) at home and it tasted almost exactly the same.
300g Dried Pasta
3 Skinless Chicken Breast (Optional)
1 Red Onion
1 Clove of Garlic
1/2 Jar of Pesto
1tbs of Olive Oil
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes until well-browned and cooked all the way through
3. When the Chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate and then put the sliced onions and garlic into the pan and fry for about 3 minutes
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and pour the sautéed onions and garlic into the pasta and stir till mixed
5. Return the pan to the heat and stir in the pesto and the chicken. Mix well so the sauce coats the pasta and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes and serve.
(If you like, you can mix it with some cheese and put it in the oven till the cheese melts)
You can find me here: